Friday, September 25, 2009

Starting to Panic - Very Random Post

Less than 6 weeks to go, and panic is starting to set in!

I had some contractions on Monday. We went to the Dr.'s and got hooked up to a monitor that confirmed it. Not in labor, not painful, just tightening up every 3 minutes. Now I feel better as long as I don't do anything strenuous. (Right now strenuous for me is walking up stairs, lifting my backpack, putting my shoes on, etc.)

Greg and I feel like we're finally ok with a name, although I'm not going to say for sure just in case everyone gets things monogrammed and then we change our minds.

My friend Sarah threw me a surprise shower last weekend, which was sweet, but also made me realize how different I am from my friends at law school.

Right now I'm desperately trying to finish unpacking and cleaning the house before next weekend, when I have my final shower and my mother in law comes to stay for the weekend. Talk about stress! It's especially frustrating because I'm dying to really clean everything (like, get down and scrub the floors clean), but I keep contracting when I do anything.

The funny thing is, law school is so fun for me right now. Having a lighter schedule and being in such basic classes has made it so much better. I also think being far away from it all most of the time makes me appreciate the school more.

I am washing Babybyrd's clothes, blankets, and towels in baby detergent tonight. Some people suggested waiting to try and take back clothes or exchange them for different sizes, but I think we'll be ok. I'm fine with having lots of little clothes for him to mess up, and waiting is just driving me nuts.

I've got the hospital bag almost packed I think. I've got to make curtains for the baby's/guest room before Greg's mom comes next weekend. Then I have to catch up on work and school so I'm not totally stressed.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Very excited for next weekend! I hope everything is ok otherwise, but I'm glad to here that law school at least isn't stressing you out too much!

Trouwbottom said...

Halloween Party? You are nuts! I'm coming as a DOULA!