Friday, April 22, 2011

What am I?

In New Jersey, I am a conservative.

In Tennessee, I am a liberal.

Amongst the Yuppies, I am homegrown.

Amongst the hicks, I am sophisticated.

Amongst the poor, I am classy.

Amongst the rich, I am authentic and self-made.

Amongst the intellectual elite, I am down to earth.

Amongst the uneducated, I am informed.

Amongst the helicopter parents, I embrace my son's autonomy.

Amongst the permissive parents, I am over-protective.

In most churches, I challenge the prescribed gender stereotypes.

In my feminist political theory class, I spoke up about the value of traditional gender roles.

Amongst the lawyers, I am a family-woman.

Amongst the moms, I am a working woman.

I don't fit in, I don't conform, and...

I am always one of a kind.

No comments: