Monday, September 7, 2015

Debt Progress 9/7/15

Goal one is met! This week I paid off the first zero interest card. We had a couple of set-backs this month, one being that a friend of mine passed away suddenly and I decided to travel out-of-state for the funeral. While it was hard to have to use a credit card when I'm trying so hard to get rid of them, I also feel like this is why I have a credit card at this point, for the really unexpected stuff. Some day I will have a little savings account to buffer our expenses and won't need them anymore (fingers crossed).

Without further adeiu, here is my updated goals list:

Goals for Debt Payoff:
Pay off zero interest card #1 1000
Pay off credit card 4000
Pay off zero interest card #2 2700
Pay off undergrad 1900
Pay off Bar Loan #1 9000
Pay off Bar Loan #2 9000

As you can see, my "emergency" credit card did go up this month :( However, with my current plan I may be able to eliminate that next card before the baby gets here! Here's a general plan:
9/17 - pay 1,000 on card
10/1 - pay 1,000 on card
10/15 - pay 1,000 on card
Use expected check from Greg's old practice (1,600) to pay off remaining balance and to pay for our hospital co-pay (500).

I'm really hoping and praying that by Halloween, we will have a beautiful, healthy baby girl, Greg will have passed his next exam, and we will have one more goal crossed off our list!



No comments: