Friday, June 12, 2009

It's a Boy!!!

It's not that I haven't had anything to blog about lately, it's that I've been so busy that everytime I sit down with the intention of blogging it's just too overwhelming and I don't know where to start!

First of all, I finished classes and started my summer job. I am sooo grateful for this job! I'm working for a professor and doing research. She comes in once a week at the most, and the rest of the time I am on my own, setting my own hours, goals, etc. I can work from home practically whenever I want. This kind of job is really hard to come by for a law student, as evidenced by my job last summer, where I worked 14 hours my first day!

My husband is also doing great. He is working at a firm writing an amicus brief about a medical ethics issue. He is almost finished and then will join me at school doing research for another professor.

Money is tight this summer, but I just made a budget/plan that should get us through. The hardest part is that I really want to buy baby things, but so far I've been really good about holding back.

We had the BIG ultrasound this Monday. The tech was a little crabby/didn't want to talk, so it wasn't quite as fun as I'd hoped, but I still got to see BabyByrd for like 25 minutes! It's strange, but I feel like it's sort of hard for me to believe that he is really there unless I can see him on the ultrasound. Although that might change now that I'm starting to feel kicks! Anyway, the tech said her guess was boy, but while she was measuring other things both Greg and I got a good view and it seemed pretty obvious. :)

No comments: