Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blood Test Update

Just wanted to say that I think it's good news, though I still don't know much. The first blood test revealed slight anemia, and high prolactin, a hormone that would be high if I were pregnant, breastfeeding, or had a thyroid or kidney problem. Since I am not pregnant or breastfeeding, this was troubling to the Dr. and he had me repeat the test. The second time my prolactin was in the normal range. The first level was probably off due to stress at the time they took the blood, (probably because Henry was throwing a fit on the floor of the room where they were drawing my blood, he was not happy about a strange lady poking mommy with needles :). I was still iron deficient, so I am trying to remember to take my iron pill. He also gave me a hormone pill to stop my bleeding, when has been working great. I'm supposed to take it for three weeks and then hopefully when I stop I will be back to normal. That's the hope anyway. If I get a normal period he will order another blood test to check the hormone levels again. I'm sort of glad that there is so much going on right now, I don't really have time to worry about making babies!

No comments: