Tuesday, January 17, 2012

25/26 Weeks?

How far along? Sigh. I thought I knew. At my last OB app. (which should have been 24 weeks), the nurse said I was 25. I asked the doctor who looked back at the earliest measurements they had, and he said my due date was somewhere between April 23 and 30! I'm starting to wonder about the 500+ I shell out each month so I can go to a "good" doctor.

Total weight gain/loss: Down another lb., so -9 total.

(The doctor has me worried because baby's abdomen is measuring ten days behind the rest of him/her. I don't think it's a big deal to lose weight when you start out overweight, and from what I can gather online a small abdomen could just mean we have a genetically skinny kid (read: like Henry). Everything else was normal on the ultrasound so I'm hoping that's just it.)

Maternity clothes? We went on vacation this last weekend and I tried to go outlet shopping. Ugh. pregnant people should never see the light of day! I don't know, I think other pregnant people look adorable but I carry so low that maternity jeans either feel uncomfortable or just fall right off me. I ended up buying a couple of jumbo sweaters from Kmart...


Sleep: Terrible! I get up once or twice a night.

Best moment this week: Eating! We went to Lancaster for the weekend. It was my sister and brother-in-law's Christmas present to our family. I pigged out, and only threw up once on the trip. Hopefully this kid is getting some calories now.

Movement: Baby is very active, and I feel movement everywhere.


Food cravings: Rice with soy sauce, mmm... Also pineapple.

Gender: It was sad being at the outlets this weekend and staring at all the adorable pink and blue clothes on clearance racks. But the bottom line is I saved a ton by not knowing, and when the baby is born we'll have everything we need. Greg and I talked names during the car ride there, and we agree easily on boy names but neither of us really like any girl name.

Labor Signs: Contractions when I get dehydrated or cold or too active. Also sometimes randomly in the middle of the night. Dr. says cervix is fine so nothing to worry about :)

Belly Button in or out? In, my tummy is starting to look like a pillow with a button in the middle :)

What I miss: My waist.


What I am looking forward to: What I have been this whole time, a sleepy little face squished up under a pastel hat.

Weekly Wisdom: God will provide!

Milestones: Viability.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Wow, congrats on being 25 (or 26?;)) weeks! That is a huge accomplishment - you're more than halfway there - bet you can't wait!

So sorry to hear about the awful sleeping..that is NO fun. Especially with a little one to take care of. Will be praying it gets better and that the rest of the time passes quickly for you.

I admire you for waiting to find out the gender - the suspense is killing me!;)