Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On the Brighter Side - Adoption

Despite all of the drama going on with my family's rental house, there is one cool thing to be excited about: My sister and her husband have decided that they want to adopt a baby boy from Ethiopia. They are not sure how the time frame will work out, especially if my sister also gets pregnant, but they both feel like they know what country to look at. Since adoptions take so long and cost so much, they want to get the ball rolling right away. I'm trying to think of some ideas for how to help them raise the cash to fund all of the travel and fees. One idea I had was to sell some of my homemade baby gifts, either on etsy.com or ebay, but to advertise the purpose of the sale. I make baby quilts, garments and toys as gifts for fun, so I already kind of have a stash of stuff and supplies. Does anyone know of more good ways to raise funds for an adoption?

No comments: