Monday, July 21, 2008

Young Startup

This is my first attempt at blogging, so forgive me if it takes a while for this to feel natural. I'm 23. I'm married (for over a year now) to my soul mate. I'm in law school, I just finished my first year and am working at a firm for the summer. I'm a Christian, born-again, Jesus-freak, whatever you want to call it. This makes me lonely at law school. I have lots of friends, but there are no other Christians in my section that I've met. This is hard because law school also makes it hard to participate in a church. I make it a rule not to bring up my beliefs with my friends, which is why I'm soooo happy when they ask about them.
Right now I'm trying to decide what to do with my life, because I could really care less about my career. For me, the law is just one way to get a job and make money so I can do the things I really enjoy. Those things are also less clear than they used to be, but mostly include spending time with my husband and my family, making great food and entertaining people, and doing anything creative with my hands, (sewing, building, painting, even writing I would take!)
I am trying very hard now to be grateful for all of the great things in my life, but I have to admit that I've been a bit depressed. My job does not leave me with any free time, which means I feel guilty about: not calling my friends back, not cleaning my apartment, making my husband do laundry, dishes, and food prep when his job is also hard, not working out/planning healthy meals, not visiting my Mom-Dad-Sister-Brotherinlaw when I know they miss me, not working extra hours to pay off Debt, not going to church, not helping anyone else.
I guess this blog is sort of my attempt to put down all of this so I don't have to carry it around anymore. Perhaps if anyone has a suggestion about multi-tasking? I don't know, or possible careers for a lawyer that don't involve selling your soul to partners who are convinced of their infallibility for just enough money to qualify for a mortgage on a 2 B home for 1 million?

No comments: