Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mom's Favorite Things

So I'm not sure if Oprah does this anymore, but I know she used to have a show right around Christmas time where she would give everyone in her audience for that day her favorite things. Sometimes it was a pair of pajamas, a desert, and once she gave everyone in the audience a new car.

I got to thinking, if I had to pick my favorite things for that show, what would I pick? Honestly I don't know. I've been on a minimalist kick lately, and so I've been mainly preoccupied with getting rid of things. So then I thought, what are the things that I am always using? Like, what are the things that if someone were to give me as a Christmas present I would be so grateful because they are things that I would be buying anyway? What are the things that I'm absolutely sick of shopping for? And what are the things I would give away to moms like me if I had a show? Basically, what are my "favorite things" at this point in my life?

Here is the list that I came up with, some are things I actually buy, and some are things I don't buy but wish that I had:
1) Whole milk - Henry drinks like 2 gallons a week, I swear.
2) Yobaby yogurt - same thing, plus this stuff is always sold out.
3) Target gift cards - because I can always drop money at Target.
4) Prepared food - ok, I don't actually buy this, but how awesome would it be to get meat that you don't have to bread, pasta that you don't have to boil, and nice fresh sandwiches that you don't have to make? I don't know a mom on this planet who wouldn't love that. And sometimes I just stare at our pantry, and I know that a dinner can be made out of the stuff in there, but the process can be so tedious.
5) Shoprite gift cards - nuff said.
6) Costco membership - because mine is about to run out and I just like going there, but can't really justify it.
7) Henry's pajamas - because he outgrows them and destroys them constantly and they are so overpriced. $20 for feety pajamas? Please.
8) Giftcard to get a haircut - because what used to be my hip side-bangs are now down to my collarbone.
9) Giftcard to get nails done - because my purple glitter nail polish home pedicure didn't go quite as I planned.
10) gas.
11) diet coke.
12) Netflix.
13) Giftcards to eat out at places that don't mind if your baby throws everything on the floor. Well, at least they don't say anything even if they do mind.

No comments: