Tuesday, July 5, 2011

No News Is...

So I did have the procedure done on Friday. I was totally fine when the pregnancy test was negative, it was what I was expecting. I did almost pass out when they were putting in the IV. I'm usually fine with anything medical, but the nurse was talking about my veins and blood. A lot. As she was poking around inside my wrist. I don't get upset when something hurts, but sometimes thinking about it too much makes me a little queasy. The first IV didn't work and the nurse must have seen my face because she got someone else to do the second one.

I went in to the surgery room, blind because I had to take my contacts out, laid down, and the next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery. There was a young girl in the little curtained cubicle next to me, and she was crying. I don't know why she was there but I heard the nurses say her name. I told her it would be ok, that they would bring her mom back soon, and prayed for her. Lying there praying I wondered if this whole mess wasn't just an incredibly complicated way to get me next to her.

Eventually they let Greg in and he told me that they had found nothing.

No polyps, no fibroids, nothing strange at all.

They took a tissue sample to test and that was that. The doctor was already gone so I didn't get a chance to ask what the next step will be. I'm not even sure what they are testing for with the tissue sample. Hopefully I'll get some more answers when I talk to the Dr. on Thursday.

I'm nervous because I'm not sure how good my insurance will be come September, so I want to try and get everything figured out before then. On one hand, it's great that they didn't find anything that could mean life-long issues for me. On the other hand, now we have no idea what is causing these problems.

1 comment:

Rebecca Courtney said...

Praying for you and that you will have answers soon and peace in the mean time.
-rebecca