Monday, March 16, 2009

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Sneaking in my not-me post in the last hour:


I did not secretly fantasize about having twins today. I realize one baby will be hard enough to handle, even if it meant I could legitimately buy adorable matching brother-sister twin outfits.

I did not realize this weekend that I could no longer take off my wedding and engagement rings. I furthermore did not get sad to think that they might never really fit again. Getting your wedding band resized is not a moral failing worthy of shame and grief.

I did not buy two pairs of maternity jeans online. I shouldn't even be thinking about spending money on maternity clothes at this point.

I did not wear said maternity jeans to class because I liked the stretchy waistband, it's way too early to be showing, and there is no justification for that.

I did not long to tell everyone in the world that I'm pregnant. That would be silly since it's so early and we haven't even been to the doctor yet.


Since this post is about my embarrassing confessions this week, I've also been thinking about some of the awesome things my husband has done for me lately. Here is just a short list of little things he has done to be loving:

1) He went shopping at the outlets to look at baby clothes with me, even though he hates shopping and had a huge paper to write.

2) He doesn't get annoyed that my upset tummy makes me less cuddly than usual.

3) He's been getting me food when I lay on the couch in a pregnant stupor.

4) He walked to school in the cold tonight to meet me as I got out of class and to carry my bookbag. I said "Thank you for carrying my books", and he said "Thank you for carrying my baby".

What a sweetie.

1 comment:

amanda said...

maternity jeans are more comfy. i'm still wearing mine for that reason...almost five months AFTER having a baby.