Friday, February 19, 2010

Not Surprised.

My sister went to the doctor yesterday to confirm her blighted ovum and discuss her options. The doctor started out by looking at the results of her blood test, which were not promising. Then he did another ultrasound. A heartbeat, a little bean inside the circle, and then she knew. The baby was there all along, just younger than anyone thought!

I couldn't say that I was very surprised, just glad. About two days ago I sort of got a feeling like everything would work out, that God was in control and that all the disappointment, confusion, frustration, etc was a waste of time. I stopped crying, started flipping through the baby name books again, and bought a cute little girl's outfit that was on sale, just in case. Lo and behold! Everything is ok. And we are blessed again. I'm trying to think of something special for my sister though. I thought maybe an ice cream cake welcoming her little bean? Or maybe a little onesie?

No comments: