Wednesday, April 18, 2012

39 Weeks

How far along? 39 weeks and 2 days.

Total weight gain/loss: 11 lbs total since first OB app.

Maternity clothes? Wore the same barely adequate dress yesterday and today, ugh.
Sleep: Better, finally got the right formula of pillows and blankets. Except now it's hot, yuck.
Best moment this week: When Greg drove up in our new Dodge Grand Caravan! It's the first new car either of us has ever had. We were planning on waiting a couple of months to save up some more but our old Ford Taurus decided to break down now. It would cost more than a car payment to fix it, so we bit the bullet and got the new car a little early. It made sense too because we were planning on renting a van to get to South Carolina in June for Erin's wedding. The car buying process was a little annoying, but in the end we got a car that's perfect for our growing family. I can't wait to take this baby home in it!
Movement: Lots of movement at night still, with pressure.

Food cravings: Red apples, ice cream.

Gender: I found a box of Henry's boy newborn clothes and got them washed, so we'll probably have a girl!

Labor Signs: Last night we walked around the outlet mall for an hour and a half tried to get things going, but no luck :)

Belly Button in or out? Tummy still isn't super stretched out, Henry must have loosened everything up already.

What I miss: My body. I know it will be a while before I don't feel baby-ravaged, but I really just want to be able to walk without waddling and roll over in bed without assistance.

What I am looking forward to: I really want to see how Henry reacts to having a little brother or sister. I was kind of nervous that he would get really jealous or upset but now I think it will be more natural than that. He has been changing so much and getting more mature every day, I really think every day that goes by he will be better prepared.

Weekly Wisdom: When you make a to do list, don't forget to add something that will actually matter in the grand scheme of things!

Milestones: Doctor said he didn't think I'd make it to the next app. on Monday, but we'll see!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Ohh I wonder?! Can't wait to hear!