Monday, April 9, 2012

38 Weeks and Still Hanging in There!

How far along? 38 Weeks yesterday. According to the chart this is officially 9 months pregnant!

Total weight gain/loss: 8 lbs total since first OB app. They said baby gained 6 oz just this last week.

Maternity clothes? Nothing covers the belly anymore :(
Sleep: Actually a little better. I've only been getting up a couple of times to pee and I've got the pillow cocoon down to a science. It helps that we are sleeping in our old queen sized bed at our new apartment instead of the temporary full.
Best moment this week: It's actually happened a few times lately - some stranger will ask how far along I am. For some reason this makes me really happy. With Henry people were never quite sure if I was pregnant and no one wanted to ask and be wrong. This time it's obvious!
Movement: Active most often in the evening. I think we are going to have a night owl.

Food cravings: Red apples.

Gender: I just don't really care at this point. I'm so focused on getting the house ready and then making it through the VBAC that I've kind of stopped wondering what we are having. I am a little frustrated by not knowing which clothes to put away, but I figure the baby won't be too upset if it has the wrong color pajamas, right?

Labor Signs: Nothing really. Even the BH contractions have slowed down.

Belly Button in or out? My tummy is oddly looking not as tight as it was. Maybe the baby is already moving down? I haven't had any new stretch marks (knock on wood) and my skin doesn't itch or anything.

What I miss: My muscles or ligaments or tendons or whatever they may be working like they used to. The hormones have made everything floppy and I've become super clumsy lately. My hips are out of place, even my feet feel weird. With Henry everything tightened right back up as soon as I delivered, hoping for the same this time.

What I am looking forward to: Just holding the new baby. And seeing Greg with the new baby. Fatherhood is so sexy.

Weekly Wisdom: I only have a short amount of time with just Henry, so I'm trying to enjoy it, even though he's been a stinker lately!

Milestones: Really almost there!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Hang in there, Mama! You're doing great! Remember this time too shall pass:) Hoping it goes quickly for ya so you can get onto this next new exciting phase of your life.