Monday, August 29, 2011

Weightloss Postponed


You may have noticed that I did not post last week's weigh in. I was feeling kind of under the weather and even though I stuck to my calories I didn't lose anything. I just felt tired, kind of bloated, not really myself. I was wracking my brain as to why I didn't lose even though I felt like I did everything right.

Suddenly it dawned on me.



Yes, about a year after I thought I was ready for #2, he/she is finally on the way!

My original goal when I started dieting was to fix my fertility problems, and it looks like that goal has been reached. I am not saying that I am going to just completely go back to the way I was eating before, but I don't know that I'm going to keep dieting now. I am still excited to reach all of the goals I had, but some will have to be postponed until the baby arrives. Until then I will eat as healthily as I can while providing enough nutrition for this little one.

During my last pregnancy I actually lost about 15 lbs. during the first trimester due to morning sickness and food aversions, and then gained about 25 the rest of the pregnancy, then lost it all and then some in the hospital. Honestly I would rather gain some weight than go through that again! I haven't gotten sick yet, it shouldn't kick in for another couple of weeks.

So anyway, my weight loss journey is sort of on hold, but only temporarily. I will probably post more about my feelings about getting pregnant, once it's sunk in more :)


3 comments:

Rebecca Courtney said...

ahh! Congrats! God is good!

Christopher Dela Cruz said...

Woooooooooooooooo! Just saw this.

Our Family said...

I had no idea! Congrats!