Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Christian Movie Review - 1

Greg and I don't have cable, we decided it would be better to do Blockbuster online (we save 30 bucks a month), since TV would be too addictive and we would fail out of lawschool. This means we see a lot of movies, so I thought I would try and post some reviews so you can avoid some of the stinkers and maybe take a chance on some longshots. Occasionally I see a movie that is totally inappropriate for children (sometimes for anyone) or for people who are sensitive to violent images or language, etc, but I really like the film. In this case I'll try and be very clear that even if I like the movie, you probably shouldn't watch it. (caution: all spelling is improvised)

Here's what we've been watching...

Bolt. Totally cute and made me cry and laugh. 4, but only would watch again if with someone who hadn't seen it.

Tyler Perry's The Family that Preys. Typical awkwardly good Tyler Perry drama with brief hilarious comedic relief moments. Not at all what I expected from the cover. Love how he always shows the unromanticized truth about adultery. 3.

Fireproof. Must be one of the last Christians to watch this film. Did not disappoint, but I was not expecting much. Fire scenes very suspenseful considering budget. KC did a pretty good job for most of the movie, even if short. Greg of course cried during all of the sentimental marriage parts. I only got misty-eyed when he accepted the Lord. It made me really want to pray for my unsaved friends and family. 4.

Igor. Sooooooo bad. Jokes that kids probably wouldn't get and adults wouldn't find funny. Terrible animation. And I was excited about the story too. 1.

Wanted. Angelina Jolie and some guy who reminds you of Shia Labeef, except with no talent whatsoever. So profane and stupid that I went to bed after a few scenes. Greg finished watching it while I was at class and confirmed that the rest of the movie wasn't worth my time. 1.

Love Comes Softly. I read these books as a kid so I was so excited to see the Hallmark made for TV version. Male lead was ok, but Katherine Hegle was typically terrible. Everything she said made the movie that much more laughable. Still, you gotta love that story, and the little girl who played Missy was adorable. Way more talent than Hegle. Why is she famous again? 3.

On a scale of 1-5, with 5 being one of my top favorites of all time, 4 being I would possibly buy the movie/ watch it again some time, 3 being I would not watch the movie again, but enjoyed the ride, 2 being I did not enjoy the movie, and 1 being I turned it off before the end.

1 comment:

Trouwbottom said...

FINALLY I GET TO READ YOUR BLOG!!!!