Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentine

Yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a long time. Greg really swept me off of my feet. I've been so busy with school lately that all I managed to do was pick up a card for him. I knew he was planning something, but I had no idea how much!

When I woke up, there was candy and a bear and a really sweet card on the table. Then I put on the cute dress I just bought for his birthday party last week. We drove down to New Brunswick, and he took me to this nice hair salon called Indigo. I got the cutest haircut, with little sidebangs and everything. Usually when I get lots of my hair cut off I feel a little sad as I watch it fall on the floor. Not this time! I was so happy just to get rid of it all that I didn't even look.

Next we drove to the park where we got engaged and took a walk around. It really is a beautiful park. We swung on some swings at the playground for a while, then drove around a bit looking at the little neighborhoods nearby, visiting some of the places we lived in college.

Then... drumroll..... we went ice skating! There was a rink not too far away, and I tried ice skating for the first time ever. I only went around the rink holding onto the wall, and I thought I was going to die a few times, but I made it around without falling. I would definitely do it again, but I need a lot of work! When I was done I stood outside the rink and watched Greg skate around. He was amazing, there isn't anything he can't do!

For dinner we went to Old Man Rafferty's, which is where we always went for fancy dinners in college. And finally, a trip to Target and a late movie. We watched "He's Just Not That Into You", which was funnier than I expected. Basically, movies based on books far outmatch those that are not. Even when they are based on a self-help book.

Well, back to writing my Ap Ad brief.... My camera is at my sister's house, but I'll try and take some pictures of my haircut before it grows out too much!

No comments: