Sunday, February 8, 2009

I need a haircut.

Today was Greg's birthday, and yesterday I had a party for him at my sister's apartment in Ocean Grove. The party was kind of a last minute idea, and I was running around Friday and Thursday trying to find food and cake and balloons and stuff. In between doing everything else, I desperately wanted to go get a haircut.

I've been in need of a haircut for at least two months now. I keep on planning to go get it cut, but something always seems to come up and I just never have the time. My hair is usually pretty long anyway, so going for like 8 months without a trim, you can imagine what I look like:



Anyway, I was planning, again, to get a cut in between errands on Saturday before the party, but of course I ran out of time and had to high tail it back home. I was getting out of the car, with about 20 helium balloons and a try of wraps for lunch and a bag of groceries, and the wind just started blowing those balloons all over the place. I didn't worry about it, I had a pretty tight grip on the strings, and I figured I could untangle them when I got inside, so I just struggled down the street and up the outside stairs to my sister's apartment.

The door was locked. I was about to turn around to try the front entrance, when I felt a painful tug on the back of my scalp. Greg came around and opened the door, but I couldn't get inside, because my hair was caught in the strings of the huge bunch of swirling balloons!


Finally, I managed to corral the balloons through the door. It took Greg about 15 minutes of carefully taking out one balloon at a time to free me. Then I had to get the humongous knot out of my long hair.

I probably should have just stopped to get the haircut.

1 comment:

Trouwbottom said...

Love the pictures, I need to take more pictures, we are going to become bloggers for sure!!!!